Wyndham Expands in Europe, Middle East, Eurasia and Africa | News
LONDON and PARSIPPANY, NJ, February 22, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, the world’s largest hotel franchise company with approximately 9,000 hotels in nearly 95 countries, continues to grow through Europe, Middle EastEurasia and Africa (EMEA) with a number of recent hotel launches and a strong lineup of openings expected in 2022.
Wyndham is growing across Europe, Middle EastEurasia and Africa
In 2021, Wyndham achieved nearly 70 new hotel signings in EMEA and a host of exciting openings. Additionally, the company has launched several multi-faceted initiatives to support and empower hotel partners across EMEA to innovate and respond to shifts in demand and ongoing travel restrictions.
In EuropeWyndham has bolstered its presence of more than 300 hotels with the addition of 12 resorts in popular destinations including Turkey Aegean Coast, spain The Costa del Sol, the beautiful island of Tenerife, secluded properties in the UK and the Austrian Alps, all offering a range of options for clients wishing to combine business and leisure. The European growth trajectory also included major openings in key cities, such as the expansion of the upscale Dolce Hotels and Resorts by Wyndham brand into Denmark with elegant hotels in Copenhagen and Odense and the launch of Trademark Collection by Wyndham thanks to more conversions in Budapest, Bucharest, Thessaloniki, Brussels, Manchester and Sheffield.
Turkey saw continued growth as Wyndham solidified its position as the largest international hotel company by number of properties, reaching nearly 90 hotels with new openings across the country, as well as launching its Days Inn economy brand in Istanbul and Ankara.
In the Middle EastWyndham continued to offer more lodging options at dubaias the city officially hosted the highly anticipated Expo 2020 global expo, with more openings under the Howard Johnson, Ramada, as well as La Quinta and Days Inn by Wyndham brands, both of which will first hit the market in 2021 Wyndham has also strengthened its leisure offer by Oman with the launch of Wyndham Garden Salalah Mirbat, a resort in a popular Sultanate destination.
In IndiaWyndham has reached its 50and hotel brand, with new openings in culturally rich destinations such as Jaipur, Varanasi, Mohali and Udaipur under the Ramada, Howard Johnson by Wyndham and upscale Wyndham brand. The expansion is part of Wyndham’s commitment to growth for the Indian subcontinent with a development pipeline of approximately 30 hotels, eight of which are expected to open in 2022 alone.
Other EMEA highlights include the continued expansion of the Ramada by Wyndham brand with 18 additional new hotels in the region, including a wide range of destinations from Georgia (Tbilisi), Great Britain (Cheltenham), Romania (Targu Jiu), and more.
Dimitris ManikisEMEA President, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, said, “We are proud to look back on what Wyndham has achieved across EMEA, despite the ongoing challenges and disruptions in the travel industry. We focused on strengthening our successful partnerships, adding destinations, and expanding the reach of our brands. Our growth is ultimately a testament to the resilience of our hotel partners and the value proposition that Wyndham offers them. We are excited to bring even more exciting hotels to our guests and look forward to working with our partners and teams across EMEA in 2022 and beyond.”
Some of the upcoming openings in 2022 will include:
- Wyndham’s first entry into Poland with the upscale Wyndham Wroclaw Old Town, slated to open this month. The hotel will offer 205 stylish rooms and a host of amenities in a central location close to many attractions and landmarks.
- Wyndham Garden Munich Mass at Germany, which will offer 267 modern rooms in the city’s business district. Recently opened, the hotel will be added to the existing portfolio of 11 hotels in Munich from economy to high end.
- Continued growth of the Super 8 brand in Germanywith the 10and branded hotel will open in Koblenz in June in collaboration with GS Star.
- Other additions under the Ramada, Ramada Encore and Days Inn by Wyndham brands in Turkey with new additions in IstanbulRize, Elbistan and more.
- Wyndham will open its TRYP brand for the first time in Greece with an elegant hotel in Corfu. Scheduled to open in April, TRYP by Wyndham Corfu Dassia will offer 48 rooms, contemporary interiors and lush gardens.
- The beginnings of the eponymous brand Wyndham’s in Cyprus with the high end Wyndham Nicosia. The hotel will offer stylish accommodation in Nicosia’s main square, as well as several leisure facilities and conference space.
- Further expansion in Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan and Georgiaincluding the highly anticipated Grigoleti Beach Resort, a new construction, marking the first trademark on the market.
- Further development in the Middle East with the 278-room Wyndham Grand Doha West Bay Beach at Qataras well as two other openings in Saudi Arabia.
- Continued growth in India including the Ramada by Wyndham Gangtok Hotel & golden casino in Gangtok City, offering breathtaking views of the Himalayan range, and the launch of the 300 room Ramada Plaza by Wyndham Mumbai Sahar offers comfortable rooms and direct access to the second busiest airport in the country.
In 2021, Wyndham launched several new initiatives to support its EMEA hotel partners through the recovery, including a new set of revenue management tools rolled out with technology expert OTA Insight. The company also launched a new talent engagement program with educational sessions, podcasts, videos and other resources to help hotel partners in EMEA attract, develop and retain team members.
Wyndham hotels in EMEA and around the world participate in Wyndham Rewards®, the world’s most generous hotel rewards program with more than 50,000 hotels, resorts and vacation rentals worldwide.
Wyndham Hotels and Resorts (NYSE: WH) is the world’s largest hotel franchise company by number of properties, with approximately 9,000 hotels in approximately 95 countries on six continents. With its network of more than 810,000 rooms that appeal to everyday travelers, Wyndham maintains a leading presence in the economy and midscale segments of the lodging industry. The Company operates a portfolio of 22 hotel brands, including Super 8®, Days Inn®, Ramada®, Microtel®, La Quinta®, Baymont®, Wingate®, AmericInn®, Hawthorn Suites®, Trademark Collection® and Wyndham®. Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is also a leading provider of hotel management services. The company’s award-winning Wyndham Rewards loyalty program offers more than 92 million registered members the ability to redeem points at thousands of hotels, resorts and vacation rentals worldwide. For more information, visit www.wyndhamhotels.com.
Silvia de Candie
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts EMEA
Wyndham Hotels and Resorts
See original content to download multimedia: https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/wyndham-gains-momentum-across-europe-middle-east-eurasia-and-africa-301486754.html
SOURCE Wyndham Hotels & Resorts