Food & Beverage Cluster Manager – Hotel News ME
Wyndham Dubai Deira, Super 8 and Days Hotel is now looking for a Cluster Food and Beverage Manager to join our team in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
The Food & Beverage Cluster Manager will provide leadership for the day-to-day operation of the F&B department including meetings and events, restaurants, executive lounge, room service with respect to standards, revenue and control costs in order to achieve optimal financial returns for the business / owners, while ensuring the highest levels of associate and client satisfaction.
- Provides the strategic direction of the hotel’s F&B department
- Train and develop the F&B team and provide support as needed
- Ensures that operational departments work effectively as a team with F&B departments to provide transparent service throughout the operation.
- In collaboration with the Executive Chef of the Cluster, prepares sales promotions and mailings.
- Works closely with all HOD and F&B to ensure the hotel is in full compliance with licenses, regulations, health and safety policies, food hygiene regulations and other local policies and procedures .
- Ensures that health, safety and hygiene and other relevant legislative obligations are met.
- Has a detailed understanding of the overall competitive landscape in your region / city, including emerging trends.
- Gather for large events, supervise for medium / small events, guaranteed attendance.
- Ensures bar inventory for functions including opening and closing inventories, accurate bar summaries and cash deposits are prepared.
- Regularly reviews and assesses the degree of customer acceptance of various restaurants and banquet services.
- Actively participates in the supervision of the preparation of the marketing plan, operation plan and associated action plans, including F&B pricing strategies.
- Ensures the F&B operations team thinks outside the box when it comes to “ wowing guests ”
- Performs frequent and in-depth inspections of hotel catering operations to ensure excellence is consistently maintained.
- Check that the best products are regularly used in the F&B operation.
- Take responsibility for the timely delivery of building capital projects to ensure company assets are effectively maintained.
- Establishes positive contacts within the hotel and internal Wyndham organization to ensure the best use of the company’s skills, services and professional knowledge.
- Identifies opportunities for sharing resources and facilities between properties and implements the practice.
- Maintains a business environment based on the code of conduct and corporate vision
- Maintains and enhances the open door policy to all associates by providing advice and guidance as needed with respect to their issues or concerns and / or grievances
- Is responsible for the leadership of the people of the direct reports of your teams (recruitment and selection, performance management (evaluation / PDP), development and motivation of associates, advice / disciplinary matters.
- Leads regular / 1: 1 coaching sessions with direct reports
- Ensures your service is fully compliant with Wyndham employee processes and timelines that govern all Wyndham properties. For example, AES, Success Matters, probation exams, etc.
- Ensures that the administration of the probation review process in your ministry and that all questions are followed up in a timely manner and that the results of follow-up and initial reviews are communicated to all concerned
- Talent reviews took place according to the communicated schedule and are live in the company
- Ensure 100% compliance with all mandatory training for the department as well as departmental trainers are positively encouraged
- Monitors LTO, absences and payroll in your department together with the on-site human resources manager to ensure all areas of concern.
- Conduct interviews for relevant roles in collaboration with HR
- Ensure you dine in the team member’s restaurant at least three times per week and provide the HR manager with feedback on the property
- Supports WeCom with quarterly engagement events on people, community and sustainability
- Lead or chair regular communication meetings with teams and actively participate in relevant business meetings to facilitate effective communication.
- Completion of 121 documents with all direct reports
- Share all relevant information with GM & HR in 121’s
- Attend ExCom / Sr HOD meetings
- Quarterly hotel meeting
SKILLS AND SKILLS
- Excellent communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Talents for problem solving
- Organisational skills
EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATION AND EDUCATION
- Ideally BA hotel / business management or equivalent
- Ideally work 2 to 3 years as Cluster F&B Manager before, gradual growth in the F&B division (4 to 5 years of relevant management experience)
- Ability to manage a large team.
- Experience preferably in a 4/5 star international branded hotel chain
VSOVERVIEW OF OMPANIA:
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the world’s largest hotel franchisor and a leading hotel management company. We represent 20 brands in 9,000 hotels in more than 80 countries and offer the most diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic brands, united by the industry’s richest and simplest rewards program, make hotel travel possible for everyone.
Our hoteliers are the stewards of our brands and together we stand up for everyday travelers. We believe customers deserve great experiences, and our strong portfolio – which is distinguished by our leading economy and mid-range brands – delivers just that.
We are AmericInn® by Wyndham, Baymont® by Wyndham, Days Inn® by Wyndham, Dazzler® by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels and Resorts® by Wyndham, Esplendor® Boutique Hotels by Wyndham, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham®, Howard Johnson® by Wyndham, La Quinta® Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham®, Ramada Encore by Wyndham, Ramada Worldwide® by Wyndham, Super 8® by Wyndham, The Trademark Collection® by Wyndham, Travelodge® by Wyndham®, TRYP by Wyndham®, Wingate by Wyndham ®, Wyndham Garden®, Wyndham Grand® and Wyndham Hotels and Resorts®.
Headquartered in Parsippany, NJ, with worldwide offices in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 15,000 members worldwide.